|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 2nd district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Ted Zigmunt|
October 13, 1980 |
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
|Residence||Green Bay, Wisconsin|
Early life and career
Jacque was born in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, and graduated from Green Bay Southwest High School. He earned his bachelor's degree from UW-Madison, and worked as a transit planning coordinator, communications director and a grant-writing consultant before beginning his political career.
Jacque was appointed to the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board in 2001, and served from 2001 to 2003. He serves on the board of the Green Bay Area Crimestoppers.
In 2010 Jacque was elected to the Wisconsin State Assembly to represent Wisconsin's 2nd Assembly District. He was reelected to the Assembly in 2012 and ran unopposed for reelection in 2014. Jacque is a member of the Brown County Taxpayers Alliance, Pro-Life Wisconsin, Wisconsin Right to Life and the National Rifle Association.
Jacque was awarded the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce's "Future 15" award in 2011. He was the recipient of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence Legislative Champion Award, the American Conservative Union Defender of Liberty Award and the Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator Award the same year. During the 2011–2012 session, Jacque was named the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce's 2012 Henry S. Baird Legislator of the Year, the Pro-Life Wisconsin 2012 Legislator of the Year, he Wisconsin Coalition of Virtual School Families Shining Star of Education Reform, and the Phillips Foundation 2012 Distinguished Young Conservative Leader of the Year.
- "Rep. Andre Jacque (R-WI 2nd District)". Oregon Independent Colleges Association. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "State Representative Andre Jacque". Wisconsin State Assembly. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Representative Andre Jacque". State of Wisconsin. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Representative Andre Jacque". Wisconsin State Legislature. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Future 15" (PDF). Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Andre Jacque". Wisconsin Public Radio. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
|Wisconsin State Assembly|
|Wisconsin State Representative – 2nd District
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|