Fox Cities Exhibition Center
|Fox Cities Exhibition Center|
Location in Wisconsin / United States
|Address||355 West Lawrence Street
Appleton, WI 54911
|Owner||City of Appleton|
|Operator||Radisson Paper Valley Hotel|
|Inaugurated||Planned for January 11, 2018|
|Expected $31 million
($31 million in 2016 dollars)
|• Total space||87,000 square feet (8,100 m2)|
|• Exhibit hall floor||30,000 square feet (2,800 m2) Indoor
17,000 square feet (1,600 m2) Outdoor
|• Breakout/meeting||40,000 square feet (3,700 m2) Paper Valley Hotel|
On September 29, 2016, ground was broken on the Fox Cities Exhibition Center. It is expected to be finished and inaugurated around January 11, 2018 for the cost of $31 million dollars. As of August 2017, it was reported that construction was still on schedule for a fall 2017 completion. It was designed by Zimmerman Architectural Studios and is being built by Miron Construction.
The center will primarily be used for conventions, meetings, trade shows, and community events. As of early 2017 there are no confirmed annual recurring venue specific events scheduled for the center.
The Fox Cities Expedition Center is located 0.2 miles away from Appleton's city center. It is located next door to the Outagamie County justice center and Jones park which is currently being remodeled to match the convention center.
The Fox Cities Exhibition Center will feature 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2) of flexible meeting/convention space across three separate halls. There will also be a large 17,000 square feet (1,600 m2) outdoor plaza space. The center will be connected to the nearby Radisson Paper Valley Hotel via a skyway, which contains an additional 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2) of ballroom, banquet, and meeting space.
The center will feature a 82-foot (25 m) tall spire lit by light-emitting diodes (LEDs) commemorating 1882 when the first hydroelectric power plant in the world was put into operation on the Fox River in Appleton. The LEDs will be able to be programed to display different shows for events throughout the year.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Duke Behnke (22 December 2016). "Construction on schedule at expo center". Post-Crescent Media. Gannett Company. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Fox Cities Exhibition Center - Website". Fox Cities Exhibition Center. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Fox Cities Exhibition Center tracks on time, on budget". Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- Santos, Alexa. "Design of the Fox Cities Exhibition Center unveiled". WLUK. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Madeleine Behr; Shane Nyman (23 September 2016). "Jones Park shut down for more than a year". Post-Crescent Media. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Book an Event - Fox Cities Exhibition Center". Fox Cities Exhibition Center. Retrieved 7 April 2017.