Talk:GUID Partition Table
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the GUID Partition Table article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by Lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
New version created by Scorpiuss
I've created a new version of the GPT page. The fundamentals are all there. Could use a chart of the things represented at each bit position. Microsoft's got a nice one on the external link indicated (which, by the way, is a great source).
-Scorpiuss, Aug 26 2005, 13:25 GMT
EFI System partition GUID contradiction
The GUID for an EFISys partition under the Partition Entries section is different than the one in the list of GUIDs. On the MS page linked at the bottom, the one given in the Partition Entries section is given.
Error in GPT disk layout figure
I have been trying to understand the GPT disk layout. From reading the UEFI spec and other pages, my impression is that the secondary (alternate) GPT header is located in the last addressable block on the disk. However, the figure (GUID Partition Table Scheme) is not consistent. The caption says that -1 is the last addressable block, but following the same graphical logic as used at the top of the figure the figure indicates that the secondary GPT header starts at -2 and ends at -1, i.e., it indicates that that the secondary GPT header is located at the second addressable block from the end, which should be wrong.
Am I right in this? Who has made the figure and how can we modify it?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on GUID Partition Table. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101110033856/http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/apr05/04-25Winx64LaunchPR.mspx to http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/apr05/04-25Winx64LaunchPR.mspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120426234357/https://gitorious.org/tianocore_uefi_duet_builds/pages/Windows_x64_BIOS_to_UEFI to https://gitorious.org/tianocore_uefi_duet_builds/pages/Windows_x64_BIOS_to_UEFI
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111119090413/http://www.technotes.se/?p=1732 to http://www.technotes.se/?p=1732
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.