ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton
This article is incomplete.(February 2016)
|ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton|
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, taken September, 2014
|Location||Appleton, Wisconsin, United States|
|Emergency department||Level III trauma center|
|Helipad||(FAA LID: WS89)|
|Lists||Hospitals in Wisconsin|
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, formerly Appleton Medical Center (1984-2015), and Appleton Memorial Hospital (1958-1984), serves the northern side of the city of Appleton, Wisconsin. The hospital was chartered by the State of Wisconsin in 1949. After a 12-year fundraising effort, Appleton Memorial Hospital opened in 1958. The hospital was renamed Appleton Medical Center in 1984. In 1987, this hospital merged financially with ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah to form the Novus Health Group, now called ThedaCare.
ThedaCare was in the process of seeking the closure of the hospital along with ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah. They would have then built a brand new mega-hospital to serve the Fox Cities. A representative of the company stated that investing in a new hospital would make more sense than investing in the remodeling of both hospitals. The representative also said that newer medical procedures, bring the need for different facilities. ThedaCare cited the need for a larger Intensive care unit to cope with the increased demand for beds in the unit.
On October 25, 2017, it was announced that the plan was abandoned and instead they would focus on remodeling the two hospitals.
- "AirNav: WS89 - Appleton Medical Center Heliport". airnav.com. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- "ThedaCare Announces Two More New Hospital Names as Part of Systemwide Rebranding Effort". Thedacare.org. ThedaCare. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Important Events in Appleton History". Appleton Public Library. Archived from the original on 2004-10-21. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Appleton Medical Center". ThedaCare. 2011-07-28. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- Behnke, Duke (2016-02-17). "ThedaCare explores building new hospital". The Post-Crescent. Appleton, Wisconsin: Gannett Company. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- "ThedaCare will make improvements, not merge hospitals". Retrieved 26 October 2017.
|This article relating to a hospital in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|