|User page||Talk page||Contributions||To Do|
|This is KAP03's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to KAP03.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This user talk page might be watched by friendly talk page watchers which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.|
Trick r Treat
If you don't think that my revisions are constructive, we'll just have to disagree, but the dog's name is Spite, not Spike, so please don't undo that change.
Why are you moving Further reading sections below External links in Essay. According to Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Layout#Order of article elements Further reading comes first. StarryGrandma (talk) 04:56, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
- @StarryGrandma: I have reverted these edits. -KAP03(Talk • Contributions • Email) 05:43, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Atmosphere of Uranus
The article Atmosphere of Uranus you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Atmosphere of Uranus for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Sandvich18 -- Sandvich18 (talk) 15:42, 10 December 2017 (UTC)
Bobby Beausoleil edits
Received your message. Was it an automated message? Being a knowledgeable art culture historian and a good writer, I am dismayed by the suggestion that I should go fool around in the sandbox. As I noted when making the new entries, much of the existing information is erroneous, laced with hysterical pop culture hyperbole. I am very familiar with Bobby Beausoleil’s history and his body of artworks and I am attempting to correct the record in relation to him.
I would like to have wiki’s support in these efforts. You will note that I have been using proper citations in correcting the information. Only modest changes were made, again, properly cited. For example, Beausoleil’s father was not a milkman and he did not go to a reform school.
Thank you for your attention to these concerns.
Again, I hope for your support.
Ways to improve Golf Zero
Hi, I'm Babymissfortune. KAP03, thanks for creating Golf Zero!
I've just tagged the page, using our page curation tools, as having some issues to fix. This page is tagged for two issues.
The tags can be removed by you or another editor once the issues they mention are addressed. If you have questions, you can leave a comment on my talk page. Or, for more editing help, talk to the volunteers at the Teahouse.
modifications on page Soil
Can you tell me why you modified the references I had updated on the page devoted to Soil (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil). I do not understand the meaning of your changes, which were annotated "Rescuing 128 sources and tagging 1 as dead. #IABot (v1.6.1)". I scrutinized all the references which had been added (most of them by myself) since the beginning of the year, and checked whether they were still operational or needed to be refreshed. Can you explain what you want to do, and what I have to do from my side? In the meantime, I will delete your modifications. I apologize for the trouble, if any... jfp 16:49, 17 December 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah. It thinks EVERYTHING is dead. Hit detonation too. AManWithNoPlan (talk) 13:55, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
- @AManWithNoPlan: Could you stop reverting me. See the page Wikipedia:WBM which is ok with providing archive URLS to live links. Also, not all of the links are dead. The tool I use (IABot Management Interface) allows me to check all live (and possibly dead links) for archive URLs. -KAP03(Talk • Contributions • Email) 16:51, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
Dear KAP03, please let me do this task with my old-fashioned methods. I am busy with this page from the beginning of the year, adding a lot of sources and making additions or deletions when needed. No need of robots, except to detect vandalism, of course. Thank you for your understanding jfp 16:58, 22 December 2017 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jfponge (talk • contribs)
- People please stop this madness. See the #Archive URLs on this page -KAP03(Talk • Contributions • Email) 17:02, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
- Please stop doing this to google book URLs. They are not primary references (they are photocopies of actual reference); so, they themselves are an archive of the original. Secondly, it is highly unlikely that they will every go away. AManWithNoPlan (talk) 18:53, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
Cite error in named reference
Hi KAP03, your edit of Compression (physics) resulted in the error Cite error: The named reference
Beer was invoked but never defined. I just fixed it. Please be careful with your edits! --GünniX (talk) 10:08, 23 December 2017 (UTC)
What was the point of your edit of 23:51, 23 December 2017 to Chess? It appears that there was no visible modification, and no bad references were fixed, but the article is now 9,724 characters larger. Bruce leverett (talk) 03:20, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- OK, I see that my question was already asked and answered a month ago in your talk page.
- Bleah. Many of these links are such that, if they went bad, the text that references them would also be bad. (For example, if www.olympic.org/world-chess-federation were to disappear, it would be wrong for the text to refer to an archive version.) So it doesn't make sense to provide archive links. I don't see how a bot can figure that out, though. Bruce leverett (talk) 03:29, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
Hello KAP03, I put the new picture Fiji (orthographic projection.svg) on the article because it is consistent with other countries. Examples: (See Russia, Canada, and China). Thank you.18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:44, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article IOS 9 you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Mike Christie -- Mike Christie (talk) 01:21, 15 January 2018 (UTC)