Back in the Streets
|Back in the Streets|
|EP by Dokken|
|Recorded||Tennessee Studios, Hamburg, Germany
Sounds Music Club, Los Angeles, California, October 1979 (live recording)
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Producer||Michael Wagener and Dokken|
According to band founder/singer Don Dokken, Back in the Streets was a demo tape that was stolen from him. It is an illegal bootleg for which the band sees no royalties or financial remuneration. Since it is a bootleg release, Don Dokken has reportedly stated that it is acceptable to duplicate this material. Dokken's rationale is that releasing the material to the public domain will severely curb the ability of the bootleggers to profit financially.
Of the members of Dokken associated with the major label releases from 1983 onward, only Don plays on this album. The band photo includes original drummer Gary Holland (later of Great White) at far left, and guitarist Greg Leon second from the left. At far right is bassist Gary Link. None of them played on this album.
- Side One
- "Back in the Streets" (Don Dokken, George Lynch) – 3:15
- "Felony" (Dokken, Lynch, Mick Brown) – 2:45
- "Day After Day" (Dokken, Lynch) – 5:35
- "We're Going Wrong" (Dokken, Lynch) – 3:35
- Side Two
- "Liar" (live) (Dokken) – 3:45
- "Prisoner" (live) (Lynch, Jeff Pilson, Brown) – 6:05
- Michael Wagener - producer, engineer
- Bush, John. "Dokken - Back in the Streets review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Dokken- Back in the Streets @metalglory.tripod.com (mistakenly lists the lineup pictured in the photo from left to right, when it is actually right to left) Retrieved 10-12-2013.