Harald Tveit Alvestrand
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Harald Tveit Alvestrand|
29 June 1959 |
Harald Tveit Alvestrand (born 29 June 1959) is a Norwegian computer scientist. He was the chairman of the Internet Engineering Task Force from 2001 until 2005. He is an author of several important RFCs, many in the general area of Internationalization and localization.
He was born in Namsos, Norway, received his education from Bergen Katedralskole and the Norwegian Institute of Technology, and has worked for Norsk Data, UNINETT, EDB Maxware and Cisco Systems, Inc.. He currently (2008) lives in Trondheim, Norway, and works for Google.
At the end of 2007 Harald Alvestrand was selected for the ICANN Board., where he remained until December 2010. In 2001 he became a member of the Unicode Board of Directors. He has more recently been a co-Chair of the IETF EAI and USEFOR WGs.
Best Current Practices
- RFC 2148 (BCP 15) Deployment of the Internet White Pages Service
- RFC 2277 (BCP 18) IETF Policy on Character Sets and Languages
- RFC 5226 (BCP 26) Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs
- RFC 2438 (BCP 27) Advancement of MIB specifications on the IETF Standards Track
- RFC 1766 + RFC 3066 Tags for the Identification of Languages (was BCP 47)
- RFC 3932 (BCP 92) The IESG and RFC Editor Documents: Procedures
- RFC 3935 (BCP 95) A Mission Statement for the IETF
Other important RFCs
- RFC 2130 (this memo prepared the UTF-8 50-years plan in RFC 2277)
- RFC 2157 Mapping between X.400 and RFC-822/MIME Message Bodies
- RFC 3282 Content Language Headers (draft standard)
- RFC 4450 Getting Rid of the Cruft (major RFC cleanup work)
- RFC 5242 A Generalized Unified Character Code: Western European and CJK Sections (with John Klensin) April 1, 2008
- Jari Arkko. "RFCs and current IETF activities by Harald T. Alvestrand". Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Biographical Data on Harald Tveit Alvestrand". ICANN. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Unicode Directors, Officers, and Staff". Unicode Consortium. 2008. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "Email Address Internationalization". IETF WG. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Usenet Article Standard Update". IETF WG. 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Linux Counter Organization: Board". 2003. Archived from the original on 2008-05-09. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Profile: Harald Tveit Alvestrand". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "About Norid". Norid. 2008. Archived from the original on 2015-07-13. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- "Independent Submissions Editorial Board". RFC Editor. 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-25. External link in
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harald Tveit Alvestrand.|
- Alvestrand home page
- Harald Alvestrand's IETF activities (by Alvestrand, last updated 2002)