This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ISO 20400 Sustainable procurement -- Guidance  provides guidance to organizations, independent of their activity or size, on integrating sustainability within procurement. It is intended for stakeholders involved in, or impacted by, procurement decisions and processes.
This standard was developed by ISO project committee ISO/PC 277.
The standard was developed by project committee ISO/PC 277, which started work in the year 2013. The first edition of ISO 20400 was published on 21 April 2017.
Main requirements of the standard
The ISO 20400:2017 adopts the structure in the following breakdown:
- 1 Scope
- 2 Normative references
- 3 Terms and definitions
- 4 Understanding the fundamentals
- 5 Integrating sustainability into the organization's procurement policy and strategy
- 6 Organizing the procurement function toward sustainability
- 7 Integrating sustainability into the procurement process
- Quality management system
- List of ISO standards
- Conformity assessment
- International Organization for Standardization
The ISO PC277 Committee support a not for profit website to share knowledge www.iso20400.org